Skip to main content

Nailed to the cross ...by other peoples judgements


We nailed Jesus to the cross with our judgements, our misunderstandings, our misinterpretations and yet today we continue to do the same thing to those around us.  We nail people to a cross, we crucify people with our judgements towards them, our thoughts or attitudes, our misunderstandings or interpretation of things.  We hold people in a place that they cannot get out of - but for Jesus!

I was sitting in church the other day and while the pastor was preaching this thought came to me and I looked at my own life and the judgements that people have made toward me which have held me in that place.  It's a bit like a smoker feeling the judgements of how people feel about them smoking and because of that judgement it moves them to rebel even more and continue doing that as they fight for the right to be who they are.  I really felt this was deep revelation that the Lord was showing me.  Why am I the way I am, what are the judgements that have been made toward me that I have picked up along the way that I have felt in the spirit and in which I have rebelled to that judgement and continued on in something because I want people to love me for who I am, not what they want me to become.

I had a dream a while ago and in this dream the pastor of a church had a big speaker come in and he received an offering but the speaker told him to give that offering to us and to offer us a preaching slot but the pastor looked at me dressed in the clothes I was in and decided in his heart that we didn't need the money and gave it to someone else rather that what the speaker told him to do.  He also didn't offer us the preaching slot.  This came about because of his judgement toward us and what he saw on the outside not on what he was told by the speaker to do.

After having this dream I processed this and wondered if I had to change anything in me because at the time we needed the money and we were praying for doors to open to preach and so the dream was relevant but because of the clothes and his judgements toward us, he didn't give it to us.  I asked the Lord whether I needed to change my clothes or my hair and he said no, he had called me to dress like this because earlier in the year the Lord talked to me about dressing in bold clothes, but I had no bold clothes and we live by faith and didn't have the money, so after someone else spoke to me the same thing that he believed the Lord was saying to me to dress up and wear bold clothes, I said to the Lord, "well Lord I believe you are telling me to wear bold clothes, so you are either going to have to provide the clothes or the money for the clothes", and by that afternoon God had provided the clothes, all beautiful expensive labelled clothes and bold and so it was confirmation that the Lord wanted me to dress up and to look smart.

James 2:1. "My brothers, as believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ, don't show favouritism.  Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in shabby clothes also comes in.  If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say "Here's a good seat for you," but say to the poor man, "you stand there" or "Sit on the floor by my feet," have you not discriminated and become judges with evil thoughts?
After having my dream I realize this too works both ways, we can judge on the outside and assume people are doing well and so not respond to what the Lord can be saying because of what we are judging by what we see by sight, but not by the spirit.  Something the Lord has taught me over time and something I am still learning to do is to move by faith and not question all the time in my own understanding and step out on what the Lord says to me.

So in those judgements we have made, we stop what the Lord may be wanting to do through me for others.  But the measure we judge it will be measured to you.  Because I am prophetic I pick up judgements towards me in the spirit really easily but the Lord has been teaching me how to surrender to him the criticisms, the judgements, the things that don't line up with his words and what he would say, to him, and so not come into a place of rebellion and striving to be who I am, despite what people may think, because of wanting to be accepted by people.  That desire in our lives to be accepted by man, wanted by man, will always leave us in a place of disappointment because the only one we can trust is Jesus.  Jesus took all those judgements towards us to the cross, he took all those misunderstanding and misinterpretations to the cross, he took all the hurtful things for us and buried it in the grave, only to rise victorious and overcome and now is seated in heavenly realms far above all of that.  And because we believe in Jesus that too is our position, no longer nailed to the cross with judgements etc. and so we need to leave them behind and not pick up what would come your way either physically or spiritually.  I can feel the judgements come to me in the spirit but I choose to give them to Jesus, they are his because I am hidden in him, they are not mine and we can trust that Jesus knows everything and sees everything and that he is our vindicator and he knows all of our wounds, all of our needs and he is our healer, he is our restorer of everything that the enemy would like to steal from us and so we wait for him to do that knowing and believing by faith he will as we put our trust in him.

James 4:11. Brothers, do not slander one another.  Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it.  When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgement on it.  There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy.  But you - who are you to judge your neighbour?"

In writing this I too realise that I have judgements on a daily basis that I make towards others but as the Lord is teaching me, I am releasing others from the judgements I am making toward them.  God is growing me as I learn the revelation of how it feels towards me and so I am trying not to do it to others and he enables me to see others how he sees them.

Popular posts from this blog

6 legged sheep???

In the weekend I saw a vision of a sheep that had six legs. And what I believe the Lord is saying, there are many sheep, (followers of Christ), but they are trusting in their own strength and not in mine.  When we trust in our own strength and abilities we forfeit the grace that can be ours, the enabling that comes from stepping out in faith in the impossible, the testimonies that give God the glory rather than the expectation of what should be because we have put our hand to  something.  God is the God of the impossible and in order for the miracles, the testimonies, we need to be a people that step out in what we can't do and allow God to come in and do the impossible.   That may simply be asking the Lord to help you to forgive someone that has hurt you so much, to getting on a plane with no finances because the Lord has asked you to, to continue to stay in a job/church/marriage/relationship you don't want to because that is where God has placed you, to praying for a

Sleeping while driving?

How many of you have ever driven a car and you become so sleepy that you either need to pull over and sleep or you will crash or you continue to drive only to find yourself swerving to avoid a car that comes upon you or even worse find yourself in a crash. The other day I had a vision where I was preaching and the whole back row in the gathering of men were asleep while I was preaching.   And today I had another vision of driving a car while so sleepy that it was going to cause an accident. This is what is like for many in our spiritual walk in the Lord, we are going around in our lives spiritually asleep and if we continue to do so will have a serious crash at some point not only causing damage to yourself but to other people who you may not even know.  Men particularly I challenge you to take a look at your lives to see whether you are hearing from the Lord, whether you are responding truthfully to the Holy Spirit and living as He would ask you to live or whether

Obedience and Commitment are big things in Gods Kingdom

Reading in Acts 7 this morning the story through Stephen of Abraham being told by God to " Leave your country and your people and go the the land I will show you"   So he left the land of the Chaldeans and settled in Haran. After the death of his father, God sent him to this land where you are now living.  He gave him no inheritance here, not even a foot of ground.  But God promised him that he and his descendants after him would possess the land, even though at that time Abraham had no child." As I reflected on this and the journey of Abraham stepping out in faith into a land that he received no inheritance in but a promise of what was to come for his descendants of which we live in the fruit of that, I thought of todays generations in which often is only doing things that we want to do or that will benefit us personally as we live for 'today' not worrying about tomorrow.  A sense of if it feels good then do it, if it doesn't then we will move on -  perhap

Bus crash in Botswana - Rejoice in the Lord always.

Well we had an interesting introduction to Botswana - yes a bus crash.  It was amazing and most probably the worst accident I have been in to this day (but not bad I am sure to some of you out there) but thankfully the Lord looked after us and protected us. The front tyre of the bus blew out travelling about 120ks per hour and the bus tipped from side to side as it careered off the road into the bus.  How it never hit cars and no one was killed we will never know apart from the protection of the Lord.  We were flown all over the place but thankfully only came out with a few cuts and bruises.  It was literally a miracle that we didn't roll.  One girl was thrown out of the bus in a serious condition, others hurt in various ways but it could have been a whole lot worse.  The Lord gave us peace and we went about praying for people and was blessed especially by one lady who felt the fire of God healing her so much so that she was laughing and crying all at the same time.  Two days ear

There is an army rising up!

Are you struggling in your family?  Are you struggling with people in the body of Christ?  Keep going in love and you will see the breakthroughs you long for. Over the past few months the Lord has been showing me some scenes where the enemy has been trying to attack and destroy families, and so I believe it is a time where we need to be alert of the devils schemes and counter attack with the truth and the love of God.   Three areas we ourselves as a ministry are currently contenting for breakthrough in are: 1.   the unity of the body of Christ,  2.  for whole families to come to Christ 3.  for mental health issues to be overcome .... and so of course the enemy wants to come and try and destroy in whatever way He can within churches, within families, in individuals and so I/we need to be alert to the schemes of the enemy.   Romans 12:21    "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." One vision I share with you I had before Christmas.  I had this vision

"And now these three remain: faith. hope and love." 1 Cor 13:13

Two pictures things the Lord has given me over the last 10 days. Firstly; Prior to going to Christchurch I had this vision where I saw this massive tree falling to the ground and taking out people around them as it fell. Then this morning I was reading in Matt 3:10 and it reminded me of that vision I saw. Matt 3:10 says “The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.” It’s a powerful word of warning that if we are living supposedly Godly lives and yet are not living lives that produce fruit in keeping with repentance,  the fruit of love, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, etc, the fruit of the spirit that is found in Gal 6, then I believe we will see people who are big people to those around them, people who are leaders etc. fall and cause damage. Secondly; Something that startled me yesterday as I was sleeping, I woke up to the sound of a clanging symbol.  I l